Samsung still haven’t rolled out the One UI/Android 9 update for the Galaxy S9 and Note 9 devices, instead the company has now started the One UI beta program for the Unlocked Galaxy S8/S8+ and Galaxy Note 8 users in the US. That brings One UI features along with the January 2019 security patch.
The update is currently rolling out as build version G950U1UEU5ZSAB/G955U1UEU5ZSAB and N950U1UEU5ZSAB for the Galaxy S8/S8+ and Galaxy Note 8 respectively, while the size of the update is 1514 MB and 1521 MB.
Please Check the Instructions below:
- Only Samsung unlocked devices are supported. Model number should be SM-G950U1 or SM-G955U1 or SM-N950U1. You may check this via Settings -> About Phone -> Model number.
- A valid Samsung Account is required, along with additional information that is required in order to finalize the registration process. Create Account.
- Samsung+ version 220.127.116.11 or above needs to be installed on the device. Please update to latest version of Samsung+ from play store. You may also click on link below to join Samsung+ beta program and update to the latest version. https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.samsung.oh.
** Uninstall existing Samsung+ app on the device before installing Samsung+ beta version.
- Ensure Samsung account is logged in on the device via Settings -> Accounts and backup -> Accounts
- Open Samsung+ application. Click on “One UI with Android 9.0 Pie OS” banner and complete the registration process.
- Wait atleast 10 minutes and download software update manually from Settings -> Software update -> Download and install.