Samsung is rolling out the One UI software update for the Galaxy Watch, Gear S3, and the Gear Sport. It means the Galaxy Watch, Gear S3, and Gear Sport will be able to use Samsung’s One UI, new watch faces, improvements to Samsung Health, as well as battery optimization, and many more.
The software version is R800XXU1CSE1, R760XXU2ESE3, and R600XXU1CSE2 for the Galaxy Watch, Gear S3, and Gear Sport respectively. The update is now available over-the-air but it could take some time to reach to everyone.
If you want to check for the update manually you can look for it in Samsung’s Galaxy Wearable app > About Watch > Check For Update.
- One UI for Watch
- Check information on your watch at a quick glance. Updated graphics(motion, interface) delivers refreshed look
- Watch faces
- You can now download new designs of watch faces
- Quick panel
- Now supports additional pages to allow quick access to setting control
- Setting menus have been updated for easier discovery. Daily briefing setting has been added for watch to be smarter. Additionally, Sleeping mode can now be turned on/off. Watch can now be set to wake up by touching the screen
- Samsung Health
- Daily Activity feature added which shows user’s daily activity (Move, Workout, Hourly Activity)
- Usability improved by continuous syncing in between paired smartphone and watch
- Watch also begins to track workout quicker
- Battery optimization
- Setting to manage background apps have been added