According to recent rumors, the new S Pen will come with a few advanced features, including Bluetooth, and media control.
Now, we have some of the S Pen features that are likely coming to the Note 9 and the Tab S4. Thanks, to the leaked Galaxy Tab S4 firmware.
After performing a teardown of the AirCommand app (version 3.0) (by XDA-Developers member Max Weinbach) and found a number of new S Pen features. The new features will likely to debut on Note 9 and Galaxy Tab S4 as well.
Here’s a list of the discovered feature:
- Control music with the S Pen. This one we expected. We still don’t know how it’s going to work exactly, but our guess would be that pressing the S Pen button once would serve as play/pause while pressing it twice in quick succession would skip to the next track.
- Use the S Pen as a remote camera shutter. This is another feature that we expected and it could come in handy if you’re taking group shots and have your phone propped somewhere.
- Remotely unlock the Galaxy Note 9 with the S Pen out of the phone. This could save you a couple of taps.
- Expanded AirCommand integration. In other words, more apps will have support for unique S Pen features (or at least shortcuts) that should be accessible from the AirCommand menu and change on a per-app basis.
- Press and hold the Pen button to open any app or S Pen feature.
- Set up single and double press Pen actions.
Samsung plans to introduce ultrasonic screen fingerprints to S10, Note 10 and A series devices in 2019
The Galaxy Note 9 is said to come with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED Infinity Display, powered by a Snapdragon 845/ Exynos 9810 SoC, with 6 GB of RAM and a 4,000 mAh battery.
Disclaimer: The above article is completely based on the report from the respective sources.