There’s a full list of features that are included in this OS upgrade but because it’s a beta build the features in this list may change in the stable release.
Here’s what’s new in Android 9.0 Pie
- Content, settings, and other information have been reorganized to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they’re always within reach.
- New designs and features such as Night mode help keep your eyes comfortable.
- You can reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
- Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
- In an app’s notification settings, a category of all notifications, in turn, turn on or off all the notifications in a category.
- New Unicode 11 0 emojis are available.
- New adaptive theme changes your keyboard Look at the colors of the surrounding app.
- Floating keyboard is available in all apps and | has new size and transparency settings.
- You can set a custom touch and hold delay.
Device Care (formerly Device Maintenance)
- Performance modes are streamlined and integrated in Power saving mode.
- The Device Maintenance edge panel is discontinued.
Always On Display (AOD)
- New clock styles have been added, including the option to show a calendar with your schedule.
- Charging information has been added to let you know how much time is remaining until fully charged.
- Menus have been reorganized to make settings easy to find.
- Continue using your phone while the display is on a monitor or TV.
- Use Samsung DeX with supported HDMI adapters, no need for a DeX Station.
- Search is improved, and you can now search within apps.
- You can now sort your call history by incoming and outgoing calls.
- Your call history can include up to 2000 entries (increased from 500).
- The new drawer makes it easy to manage Contacts from various accounts.
- The added Scene optimizer automatically enhances the camera settings.
- Photo Editor PRO’s editing tools have been added to the gallery, so you can make all your edits and touchups without leaving the app.
- The new Storage Analysis tool has been added to help you monitor your storage usage and save space.
- You can now show or hide items on the My Files home screen.
- Your daily step count To hide it, press and hold the notification, then turn off Current steps
Other improvements and changes
- Whenever you pick up your phone using the Lift to wake feature.
- Call stickers have been discontinued.
- HEIF images are now supported.